Friday, November 9, 2012

Fast Cars & Freedom

As topsy turvy as life feels right now, with every single aspect kind of just floating in the air, waiting to be grabbed, I'm thankful. I'm thankful because if having too many options is my biggest problem, then I'm in pretty good shape.

I could sit here and analyze every possibility to wits end, but there's no way of knowing what will happen until it does. And nothing can begin until I make a decision. Any decision.

Fear is paralyzing. But we have to ask ourselves what exactly we're afraid of. Loving that new city? Excelling at that new job? Generally being awesome? Being too happy?

It's not always fear of failure. Sometimes it totally is. Sometimes maybe we're fearful of the responsibility that comes along with success.

And that's dumb. We are capable of any and everything. And if you're afraid to go out there on your own, don't be. There are enough people out there who want to help you. You'll be surprised to find out how many people would rather see you succeed than fail. And if the latter outnumbers the former, you need to find new people.

Thankful for the people in my life and for the opportunities life brings.  With so many decisions to make, I hope I make the right ones.

If every choice is a fork in the road, well then I'm driving through Jersey, stopped at a 10 way street. (If you've ever driven through Jersey, you'd get it. Their road "system" is insane.)  I'm excited to see where these decisions take me, and anxious to find out who stays and who bails on this hypothetical road trip. The possibilities of it all is enough to make your heart leap.

Hope you decide to come along for the ride! Top down, music blasting, turning off  the GPS and leaving the maps in the glove compartment. Life's faster in the carpool lane. And a lot more fun too.

I feel like I should play "Jesus Take the Wheel". You should youtube it while you re-read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment