Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Speed Bumps

Yesterday was not a good day. I'm not going to get into the details, but it was so frustrating. It was certainly a stomp my feet, pouty, huff and puff, I want nothing more than to throw a temper tantrum sort of day. But even in the midst of all of the confusion and chaos, on our drive from Harlem to Chinatown, I looked out the window and it was all the reminder I needed. I stole a glance at the Brooklyn Bridge and the Pier at Southstreet Seaport and took a deep breath; I was in New York City. And I thought to myself, "Man. I'm just happy to be here." I got back to the place I'll be staying in the meantime, and unfortunately, things didn't get much better. Nothing was going right. So I decided to just stop and go to sleep, because tomorrow's a new day.

"Just because today is a terrible day doesn't mean tomorrow might not be the best day of your entire life. You just have to wake up and get there."

Yup. That pretty much sums that up.

So while today may not have been the best day of my life, it was a glimpse of this new one I'm starting. Today was orientation, and I am absolutely stoked. Hello, New York. I hope we become best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment