Thursday, January 14, 2010

Let's Hear It for New York

First full day in the big city, and I am lovin' it. But let's re-cap day 1's adventure, shall we?

01/13
First off, poor Peiwu. He had no idea he had signed up for lugging around a 50 lb suitcase all across NYC. It was certainly an adventure, from JFK, to Paul's work in the Financial District, up to Harlem, and back down to East Village to look at an apartment. Most of my first day was dedicated to that. And as for that apartment.. great price, great location, but iffy conditions. I suppose you get what you pay for though. Decided that the search would resume the next day.

As for today, my first full day, the search continued. Had a few leads, and stumbled across a nice little place steps from Union Square. So close to school, and room for you to visit =) Not ideal, but it'll do for now.

Still just settling in, and just waiting for it to hit me. Yanno, that I'm actually in New York City. I'm sure this northern winter is gonna smack me in the face soon enough! So far it hasn't been so bad. Mother Nature's been on my side lately. Cold when I was in Florida to prepare me for the move, and warming up the north to make the transition seamless. Maybe? Or maybe I just bring the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment