Friday, March 18, 2016

#tbt

I am at my parents' house for a couple of months before I move to Seattle in the summer. It's a little bizarre being back here, and I kind of ended up here by accident. I decided to spend some of 2015 in the Philippines working on my non-profit and other projects, and I am happy I did. It's the latter part where my plans got a little murky, particularly when it came to my career. My personal life was at all time high; JP and I, did, after all, get engaged! Naturally, when that happened, it didn't seem like a good idea to go back to New York. And while I'm reluctant to let my doubts float around on the world wide web, some times I wonder if that wouldn't have been the worst thing-- to be away from JP for a year and continue to work in fashion.

I have complete faith in life working itself out and the universe conspiring to help you achieve you personal legend and blah blah blah blah. But doubt happens.

Here in Jax, I basically occupy the entire left side of upstairs. I've been sorting through shelves, boxes, and the like, coming across things I've accumulated over the last decade from high school, UF, and New York. This evening, I stumbled upon some of the work I did at Parsons: color theory projects, sketches, CADs. Honestly, I was a little impressed with myself. Parsons was tough. It was miserably hard. But I loved it. I look at my work and can see that I was both motivated and inspired.

I know most people could not fathom why I would go to fashion school after graduating from Florida, but I do not wish that any of it happened differently. It made makes me happy to think about all that I've experienced because of the decisions I've made. Right now, NO. Life isn't exactly what I thought it would be. Lucky for me, I have the ability to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment