Thursday, March 24, 2016

Finally the Bride

How fortunate am I that I have enough amazing women in my life to make choosing bridesmaids a difficult decision? Not to brag, but I have more than my fair share of ladies in my life who really understand and care about me. Childhood, middle, high school, college... Years later and they are still the best friends I could ever hope for. Already, with still many months to go before the wedding, they have all been supportive and patiently answer my unending questions. After all, by the time I walk down the aisle, I'll have stood my each of my bridesmaid's sides at their weddings! So in some ways, it's paying off to be the last; I have lots of experience to draw from!


For the bridesmaids gifts, as with the groomsmen's, I wanted to make use of the arts and crafts supplies around the house and test my DIY skills. I made the boxes out of card stock; the initials were stickers from my sister's scrapbooking phase; and the plethora of ribbon is what happens when you're a former cheerleader!


I found really cool patterned tape also from my sister's stash that I used on the inside of the boxes. (Similar here.) The cards were from Target. The jewelry was my own, which I get partially made in the Philippines. Each girl got a different, dainty piece of jewelry, either a bracelet, earrings, or a ring. I even made the little jewelry display card also from card stock, and a fancy hole puncher (a la my sister of course!)



I always knew I wanted to ask my bridesmaids with paper dolls, but obviously they had to be stylized. They were more time consuming then I initially thought, but I had a lot of fun illustrating them! I love the way they look like they're moving when it's opened up. It looks like a group of girls having a good time!  Hopefully, it's representative of what's to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment