Thursday, January 2, 2014

When the Dust Settles

Everyone always says never to settle, but that's exactly what happened in 2013.  I have a real life, stable job, a long term lease on an apartment that is all my own, and I'm even in a steady relationship. (Crazy... All of it.)  "To settle" sounds constraining and inhibiting, but it can actually be quite liberating. Not having to wonder where to or what's next can give you the time to think about those things in the long term. When you "settle", it isn't always settling down, or settling for less. It's time when the pieces stop moving just long enough for you to figure out what the hell is going on, and what your next step should be. The time will come for me to start wandering again; this I am sure. In the interim, I will be scoping the terrain, planning, preparing, and fine tuning my skills to survive in this big ole world.

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." I am hoping that 2014 will be the luckiest year yet.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment