Monday, December 31, 2012

The 3 F's


Three cities. Five homes. In 2012, I have been all over the map, literally and figuratively. It was certainly a year of change; a wild roller coaster ride that thrilled and scared me all at the same time.

Through all of the ups and downs, the biggest and most important points of change and growth were in my faith. In every bone that builds my 4'10" frame, I can feel the shift. I don't know when, or how, or why, I just know that it did. 

I have learned to trust. I've learned to listen. While I still have my tendency to panic, what eases my anxiety is knowing that everything happens when and how it should, at the right time and for the right reasons.

I'm still struggling to distinguish between the time to be patient and the time to take control because fate has taken you has far as it needs to. I'm still having trouble deciding whether an obstacle is a sign to stop or just a challenge to be overcome. Maybe I'll never figure that out. Maybe I'm not supposed to.

This process of becoming is exhausting. But I'll take exhausting over boring any day.

And the only things that can get me through this crazy ride? Faith. Family. Friends.

Happy New Year! See you in 2013, everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment