Sunday, March 18, 2012

How To Succeed

I could never say that I had a hard life. I've never had to experience real struggle. I've always had food on my plate, a roof over my head, and clothes on my back. I have the most supportive parents you could imagine. I'm just truly and unbelievably fortunate.

About three years ago.. I don't wanna say life was bad, because it wasn't; but I felt like life wasn't as good as it could be.

2009 wasn't the most stellar of years. There was a lot of uncertainty and confusion, a lot of heart break and a lot of tears. I remember going back to the things I love, because I couldn't figure out what was missing, hoping those things would shed some light on whatever it was I was looking for because I felt like I was searching in the dark. I read and re-read my favorite books. I painted. I wrote. I spent more time with my family. I spent more time on myself.

Fast forward to the present, and I feel like I need to pinch myself because it's hard to believe that all the decisions I've made since then and to this point were the right ones, and all the doubts I had in myself and in the future are just ghosts.

If success is happiness, I've found the key:
1. Do good.
2. Be nice.
3. Work hard.
4. Trust in your future, in God, the Universe; that something greater than yourself wants you to be successful and happy, and will bring you there if you just let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment