Friday, February 19, 2010

Fashion Weak


Happy. I haven't felt this happy in a very long time. Last year was a little rough, and I certainly had my moments of elation, but this kind of happy is the type where you find yourself completely satisfied with your life, and yourself. And excited about where you might be heading.

Lately it has taken everything in me to keep myself from jumping out of my skin. Starting with that out of control snowfall (so beautiful!), all the way through Fashion Week, I couldn't ask for more. Life is so incredibly good right now that it actually makes me a little nervous; nervous because the last time everything was so perfectly in place, it all slowing started spirally downward and before I knew it my world was crumbling at my feet. But, a very wise friend told me, "It's just a new, fresh, awesome life. Nothing to be scared of. Take it in and pretend your world is perfect."

So back to Fashion Week. Five shows down and now it's dunzo. And I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I had this glamorous experience, or had this really important job. But I like that I was a part of something so big, even if it was in the smallest way possible. (It's kind of like in cheerleading. You know that being on the sidelines doesn't really matter; it doesn't make you any cooler. But you become a part of something bigger than yourself. And THAT'S pretty cool.)

ANYWAYS, the first show I did was at Bryant Park. It was Mik Sire by Eric Kim. (The one I blogged about in the post before.) But really. How fortunate is it that I got to do Bryant Park the last season before they move it to the Lincoln Center? Let's talk about that. Oh, then there's Alexander Berardi, 23, and former Parsons student. Now let's talk about the Betsey Johnson's show. I loved how involved she was, hanging out pre-show, watching the models walk up and down the hay-covered runway. Dude, she was friends with THE Andy Warhol, Pop Art icon (no pun intended). THAT is out of control. And the next show was so fun. The Blonds. Great crowd, and GREAT clothes. And my personal fave of the week. And the last one, Adrienne Landao, was different. It was a presentation and not a runway show, with five separate vignettes. It was very classy. People walking around, wine in hand, admiring the furs, and the models striking a pose for anyone who wanted to take a picture, and sneaking a cookie from the display when no one was watching.

So maybe Fashion Week interfered with my sleep, just a little. But whatev. Sleep is always an option. Fashion Week, however, is only twice a year.

I hope this doesn't come off as if I'm bragging. I'm just really enthusiastic about life and about living. And I would like you to be a part of it.

And just to be clear, using the homophone for "week" in the title was intentional.

No comments:

Post a Comment