Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Annual Introspection

Shame on me for missing my annual reflection post. I haven't missed this since, well, I don't even know when. I started this tradition in high school and think this is my first miss. I'll make an exception just this once, because these first two weeks have been incredibly hectic, but that's what I get for deciding to moving down the coast on New Year's Eve.

Segue into.. I'm back! In Florida, that is. And only temporarily. I've been re-organizing both my things and my thoughts since my return, and I guess now is as good a time as any to continue to the sorting.

2014 involved a lot of planning. Before it had even started, I knew a change was inevitable. Life was generally fine, but there was a dissatisfaction that was stirring my soul. Because of the nature of my job and other grown up responsibilities (i.e. rent, food, bills, loans, etc) I had to plan my exit carefully. I made my moves and waited patiently for this new year to arrive, and IT'S FINALLY HERE!

Here are the things what I am thankful for, which have allowed me to move confidently into this next part of my life:

1. Work: Office jobs can feel soul sucking, but I gained valuable industry experience and built lasting relationships. With the job came financial stability, and when your basic needs are taken care of, it frees up an incredible amount of energy to worry about other things and ask other questions besides, "How am I going to pay for this?" and instead ask, "What is my next step?"

2. My relationship: He has been an incredible blessing in my life. To have someone who is as loving, patient and supportive as he is motivates me to be better in all ways, for myself and our future. I want to be as big of a blessing in his life as he is in mine.

3. My family: They drive me crazy, but I love them. My parents love me too much for me to not do everything I can to make them proud; and they've done everything possible to put us in a position to chase our dreams.

4. My faith: His plans are infinitely better than my own.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment