Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Break Time

I'm ready for a little break. I need to feel the sun on my face and put my toes in the sand. I need to re-group, because lately I haven't felt like myself. I'm tired. Drained. But that's what living up here does to you. You're always on the go, and the weekends go by so quickly, it hardly feels like you had time to rest at all.

It has been a rough, long, relentless winter. A few times, I think my face froze off. Once, I think a million needles stabbed me in the face all at once. Just a week ago, I was still piling on layers, and all I could think was that I've maxed out my used of fleece leggings and oversized sweaters. Seriously, how many times can I wear practically glorified pajamas and deem it socially acceptable?

Bring on the shorts, sundresses, crop tops and flip flops.

I need to feel like myself again. Fast. And I hope Spring will help me get back there until I get my homesick self back to Florida for a dose of family and friends. They're the best things to remind me of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment