Thursday, June 7, 2012

"Get A Helmet" -Boy Meets World

If everyone just quit when things got tough, no one would accomplish anything, ever.

This month and a half hasn't been breezy. These last two months haven't been what I expected it to be. I was whining to a friend, and something he said really snapped me back to reality. After I complained, he responded, "A month? That's nothing. You'll be fine." He was right. (Also, many apologies to my friends this month for being a freakin' baby, and many thank yous too.) What's a bad moment, week, month (or several) in the grand scheme of things? It'll be a time you'll look back on and say, "Yeah, it was worth it." It'll be a good story. These not awesome moments are the part in the movie where the protagonist is on the brink of giving up and caving in, and you, in the audience, are rooting for him, hoping he pushes forward and through.

I don't want to worry anyone (Mom and Dad particularly, if you still read this.. and anyone else who may read this and talk to my Mom and Dad). Things aren't that bad; just not ideal. I still stand by every decision I've made up to this point. I still believe that my life goals are worth fighting for, and that the things that I'm doing now will get me there.

Dreams aren't for the faint of heart. They aren't for cowards or quitters. I'm scrappy. I'll be A-okay. We're allowed to be fearful, and we're allowed to be anxious, but don't be either of those things for too long. Turn panic into productivity, because whining and complaining and talking over and over about what didn't happen won't change the past. Take steps to mold your future. Move on, move mountains; JUST MOVE. Make life happen.

It's that whole metaphor about the picnic and the rain. You know, that line in the Outkast song, "You can plan a pretty picnic but you can't predict the weather." That's what life's been like since I moved back to NY.

Remember: It was ScrappyDoo. Not ScrappyDon't or Scrappy Didn't. (Get it? I crack myself up.)


No comments:

Post a Comment