Friday, June 25, 2010

"A hundred times have I thought New York is a catastrophe, and fifty times: It is a beautiful catastrophe." Le Corbusier

It's when I leave school and walk through all of the vendors in Union Square; when I head home and pass by those bright lights of 42nd. It's when I leave my internship and see Alexander McQueen's store across the way, then pass by Chelsea Market. It's when I get lost in Central Park on an early evening run, then, feeling completely out of place in my spanks and t-shirt, walk home down 5th Ave.

I have to pinch myself, because most of the time I forget that I actually live here.

Time Square is my front yard, and Central Park is my playground. And despite the occasional pungent smells, the creepy homeless men, and the almost unbearable heat of the subway stations, I am completely enamored with this city.

And it's not that I don't see myself living somewhere else. It's that right now, there's no place I'd rather be.

No comments:

Post a Comment