Thursday, March 25, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

A week in since spring break, and school is in full swing. The break came just in time. There's nothing quite like spending time with my family and friends. I like them so much that they make it a little difficult to leave.

I sat on my flight back to the big city, blinking back tears, thinking about how lucky I am to have such amazing people in my life. Really. I must be doing something right to be blessed with family and friends like them.

I thought about that, and I thought about the life I was returning to. And even though I hate leaving everyone, well, my dear friend Joyce put it best:

"..Remember everyone will still be your friends even when you're over there. I know it's hard not seeing them whenever you want, but at least it keeps you looking forward to visiting home. Also you're living your dream for a year, then you can come back to us."

She was right.

"Back to reality," I thought at first. Looking out the window, I could see the city peaking through the clouds, and I realized that reality isn't so bad. I was going back to exactly where I want to be, doing exactly what I want to do.

And when your reality and dreams collide, it is a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment